Sunday, June 20, 2010

Question about switching from high lift color/bleach to foils?

I have had my hair colored blonde for years. I recently moved to a new city and told the stylist I wanted to switch over to foils and wanted a few low lights to make it look more natural. (This was when I was due for a touch up, roots were out about an inch.) My hair is naturally a medium brown, not real dark and has some natural auburn streaks in it..So it really has to be toned when colored or it is brassy. I was hoping for a more natural blonde look, even blondish-brown with foils...This is the 2nd person I've talked to that wants to turn my hair back all dark and then put foils in it. Even when I show them pictures of what I want. I let one lady do this and she turned my hair grey and silver like the pavement..It was awful. I had to go elsewhere and get a color correction...Can a stylist just take my hair, as is, now blonde and put foils on the roots as they grow out and work a few lowlights in to make it look natural instead of wanting to turn the whole head dark first???..



Question about switching from high lift color/bleach to foils?

if your natural color is med brown then the stylist can match that color and foil the brown through out your hair given you that more natural look your looking for...keeping the blondes in between foiling...she may also go through while foils are processing and put a toner on the blondes to freshing them up....when your hair grows out you would only have to freshing up the brown and put a few blonde foils on top to keep the look...lowlights are definitely the way you should go....no need to add more work and stress on your hair then necessary...phone around and ask these questions and answers...you will find someone who will do it....good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
poor credit