Sunday, June 20, 2010

I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

I am struggling with a broken relationship. I tend to get overly involved, and invest heavily in a relationship.



Now I continually think about the past, about my wounds, about everything that happened between us, especially the bitter things.



This is giving me grey hair and beard, and worry lines on my face. I don't want all that. I want to come out of it as quickly as I can. I have been told to forget it, but it isn't easy. I am of an overly worrying nature, and the throughts haunt me every single second of my day.



I'm out of job, and so have a lot of time to sit back and worry.



Please advice me on some extraordinary methods to forget someone and get out of this situation.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

Time will mend the wounds and you will be stronger and wiser as a result. In the meantime, try to focus on yourself. Work on letting go of the bitterness (I know it takes time) and keeping your heart good. Give yourself some time to think about all the things you think are important to have in a relationship and all the things you think should not be in a good relationship. This is all about you and how you feel. Don't ever let yourself settle for less than what's inside those boundaries. Work on bettering yourself somehow and finding a new and better path to travel, for YOU.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

These are the great suggestions I got here in brief:



1. Get busy, find something to do.



2. Don't stew on the past



3. Redirect your negative thoughts.



4. No sad music.



5. alternative suggestion: Grieve your loss.



6. Read, find a new hobby. (contd) Report It



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

7. GET ACTIVE! Running, exercises %26amp; fresh air helps



8. Make yourself look, feel better,



9. socialize: connect with friends and family as much as possible.



10. have someone to vent to %26amp; hang out with through the harder times.



11. Meet new people



12. FIND YOURSELF AGAIN. Report It



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

12. FIND YOURSELF AGAIN.



13. meditate



14. Learn from this sour relationship. (contd)



15. don't jump into another relationship right away, that can be very counterproductive.



16. Another view: Find someone new.



17. writing everything, including your emotions down in a letter. Report It



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

18. Time heals you will be stronger and wiser as a result.



19. let go of the bitterness.



20. no one or anything can hurt you UNLESS you allow them to Report It



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

And finally I liked these very kind and well-wishing words:.



"You will meet the right person (your soul mate) that will appreciate every effort you put into a relationship and you will get the same in return, don't give up in your search!"



GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU! Report It



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

The first thing you need to do is find something, anything, to occupy your mind.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

Get a job and focus on work.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

Sounds like you need some supplements ...try 5-HTP, L-Tyrosine...you can find these at GNC. These are for the brain neurotransmitters. If those don't work get your doctor to give you an anti-depressant.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

Part of the problem is that you're sitting around with lots of time on your hands. Get busy! Find a job, or if you can't work for some reason, do volunteer work, anything that will occupy your attention. The more you focus on and stew about this broken relationship, the more it will affect you rather than growing less painful each day.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

My method is read read read. I read to escape my life (I love historical romance novels), but lately I have been reading self-help books. How to become a better person, how to secure my own finances, how to "fix" my marriage on my own, how to achieve what I truly want in life, etc. (just some of the topics I have read on as of late).



Another thing I recommend is to connect with friends and family as much as possible. Hopefully you have a friend or two that you can call and say "help Im depressed" and you have someone to vent to and someone who will hang out with you through the harder times. And don't try to jump into another relationship right away, that can be very counterproductive.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

Find someone new. You're young. It's going to get alot easier over time to deal with loss. Not that you will become a cold uncaring individual, unless you let that happen, you just learn to deal with it much better.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

the main thing to get over a relationship is to find yourself again...whether you are into it or not, try meditating. it is extremely helpful in situations just like this. just sit back and realize that you are still you and that nothing is forever. things will ALWAYS get better, they have to..it's the law of physics. next and formost, find another job..you NEED people. you need to socialize, and remember that there are other people in this world, and you will find love again. I know it is hard..I have been there, but just do something that pleases you..listen to music..relax..good luck and know it will get better



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

GET ACTIVE! trust me it helps.



go out in the morning, afternoon or when you start to get depressed, and like run or play golf or do something that will get your mind off of your ex.



Also, try to go out. Meet new people. Hang out with some of your old friends.



Things will get better. You will move on, eventually. Your world wont fall apart for a woman that doesnt care.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

First off my posible friend (if we new each other that is) get off the couch and get a job if possible a job that keeps you very busy secondly get over your relationship how old are you 10? life is tough and their are plenty of other men/women out their for you. Don't beat yourself up anymore when you find your true love you will forget about all of this. Trust me I am never wrong, well unless you count all the other mistakes ive made then I am wrong but only like 99.9% of the time



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

Can't you two just be friends if you don't want to go out. If I were you and I really loved that person I would go chasing that person. If you feel like he /she has hurt you in any way just say to yourself that he is losing more than you're losing. There are many men / women out there that you could get. It's not like God said that you can't be in more than one relationship.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

Extraordinary methods? A gun would be my preference because knives tend to be messy, but then again an overdose can be effective, although not always a sure thing. If you can't decide on a suitable method, hire a hit man and they'll take care of it for you. Less worry thast way, which you sound like you need right now. But then be sure to "hit" the hit man--2 people cannot keep a secret.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

there is no magic way to get over it faster. Be thankful that you have grown from this and it's just another transition that one must go through. Learn from this, look at the positive sides of things and try to correct the negative because it takes 2 to make a relationship. not saying it was your fault but we all make decision in the role we play in a relationship, So just learn from it and move on to evaluate yourself, learn more about yourself and love yourself more to move on to love again. peace,



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

funny what we do to ourselves. I once was married to a man who slaped me around and drank alot so I thinking it was me went to an allon meeting to cope with my problem. while there I wined alot and told all my problems and how awful i was treated. And finely a women stood up and said why don't you shut up I am so sick of hearing you wine, well I felt stupid because wasn't that why I was there? so everyone could hear me and help me. Then a still quiet voice said to me. Don't you know that no one or anything can hurt you UNLESS you allow them to.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

When I left my ex it was really hard. After a few weeks of feeling sorry for myself and bawling all day everyday I got up and went running. Running turned into regular workouts etc. I just got up and ran everytime I felt down. You'll never find anything that will make you feel better. The endorphines will lift you right out of the gutter.



Another huge plus was, I saw him a few weeks later and he was irrate, because I looked so good. He didn't understand how I could leave him and just magically loose tons of weight and be so happy. It will help you love yourself more and not worry about the relationship so much.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

Accept it



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

I sympathize with you. Been there and I know what you're talking about. If it helps know that I and others have been through this too. Having too much time on your hands is working against you. You need to keep busy. If your mind is otherwise occupied you can't be thinking about your broken relationship. Exercise and fresh air helps too. I know it's easier to give advice than it is to take it. Time, time, time is what you need but please try to keep busy and by all means don't listen to sad music. If you can't find happy music then don't listen to music at all. Go out window shopping for whatever you are interested in. Pets help too. I wish you well and hope you get over this soon. And you will get over it eventually. Good luck.



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

Hi Bleedingheart,



I have been through the same situation that you described in your question and I can honestly say that it sucks. Those that tell you that you'll feel better in time don't understand the hurt. Of course the hurt will eventually go away, but you can help yourself emotionally deal with it by writing a letter pouring out everything in it that you truly feel.



This letter is not meant to be mailed to your lost love but is a tool to deal with all that emotional baggage that you are carrying. I can tell you one letter I wrote took me six times and 3 days to write to get the letter just right and after I did that I burned it. I felt much better about 24-hours later and moved on.



Healing is something that does take time, but you can use this tool to speed it along. In doing this you take all your thoughts that clog your mind up and deal with them all at once on paper so those thoughts have no excuse to reappear in your mind.



You will meet the right person (your soul mate) that will appreciate every effort you put into a relationship and you will get the same in return, don't give up in your search!



Good Luck :)



I am struggling with a broken relationship, any tips on how to cope?

Let me say first of all that I know you are suffering and in pain. I have been there and it's no fun. You feel like it will never get better, but guess what ...it will! It will take time and it's hard to say just how much. I believe you have to grieve your loss. Google the process of grieving and it will make sense a little more. There are several stages and you may bounce around them if you are like me.



You stated you have a lot of time on your hands and that is very bad for you right now. Idle time is the devil's playground as it's said. I believe it. You have to make yourself break out of your thinking patterns and habits. When you find youself thinking whatever that's not positive about your ex or past tell yourself to stop! visualize a big red stopsign. Redirect your thoughts. Find a hobby. Take up running or some other exercise to help release some endorphins. Get a new hobby.



Remember that yesterday's gone, tomorrow is nothing to worry about b/c all you have is today ...here and now. You have to do whatever it takes to enjoy your life. YOU create your life. Best wishes to you through this rough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
poor credit